Kupfer family cemetery and chapel
The cemetery and chapel of Kupfer family situated at the roadside of Zvaigžņu iela is an architectural landmark. The neoclasiccal building was built between 1801 and 1806 in a triangle shape with columns decorating its corners. Members of Heinz and Kupfer merchant families are buried in the cemetery. Kupfers used to be one of the richest German families in Talsi. They owned property at Laidzes iela 2, 4, 6, 8, Lielā iela 27-31, Zvaigžņu iela. A tomb in the form of a dried-up tree trunk has been situated next to the chapel in memory of the doctor Karl Ferdinand Kupfer (1766 – 1825) and his spouse Anna Dorothea Kupfer, born Plentzner (1776 – 1830).